I am heartened by the decision of the General Synod to give equal pension rights to Partners of Clergy in a Civil Partnership. I have read that "The Holy Spirit was working here" and I would agree with that comment.
The Church has for to long procrastinated about issues of Inclusion of all, who are God's people, who are all created in his image. Hiding behind Scripture to disguise prejudice and being judgemental, when Jesus himself said that "He will be the Judge".
This not only applies to Gender and Sexual matters, it applies to every one from any race, social position, class distinction or religious belief. All deserve to be treated as truly equal and to be given the dignity and respect for their humanity and likeness to Christ, which they personify by their 'being'.
I am not an academic and do not have deep biblical knowledge, but having lived for 60 years sometimes in God's good grace, but possibly, the majority without it, I have learned that how we treat others (love thy neighbour the second most important commandment) will certainly be part of our accountability in the next life.
The Church is slowly moving towards the recoginition that it can no longer afford to exist in a cocoon - but to take the 'word' out in mission to love and greet all as their brothers and sisters in Christ.
God is Great
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on this blog are moderated by the Author.