Ash Wednesday the second since my return to faith. Last year I was so excited and full of anticipation about the Lent period and the lead up to the events at Easter. Perhaps my excitement overcame for me the true purpose of Lent, which is a period of repentance and of reflection and preparation for marking the Death and Glorious Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
One year on - as I have posted previously, I have had a much more mature insight into my faith, how it has grown and how just making a general confession during worship seemed to me to not be enough.
I was able to go to Confession this week - to bring forward all of those things, which although I felt had been forgiven to lay them before Jesus Christ and to receive absolution. To say that if felt as if a black cloud, which I had not really acknowledged before, was lifted from me, would be an understatement. It was a very emotional thing, and profoundly moving.
Only now can I say the words of the prayer of Humble Access feeling cleansed and asking the Holy Spirit to fill me.
Almighty God
unto whom all hearts be open,
all desires known,
and from whom no secrets are hid,
cleanse the thoughts of our hearts,
by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit,
that we may perfectly love thee,
and worthily magnify they holy name,
through Christ our Lord,
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on this blog are moderated by the Author.