My spouse is unwell and waiting for urgent surgery. This is the second episode in 10 years, last time was difficult and dangerous for her - and I was really upset and worried for her. of course, I did not have faith at that time - and relied on my own strength to get through it. And we survived and she recovered.
This time around I have real confidence that she will be ok, she has been prayed for by so many, that I am devoid of how to say some myself. I know about vulnerability, I have fallen foul of it in the past - I need to be strong and remain positive - it can be hard, when someone you love so desperately much, faces more pain and suffering. The BCP Prayer for the sick seem appropriate.
O God of heavenly powers, by the might of your command you drive away from our bodies all sickness and all infirmity: Be present in your goodness with your servant J., that her weakness may be banished and her strength restored; and that, her health being renewed, she may bless your holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
I will continue to pray for you, and for J.
ReplyDelete