I met the DDO yesterday, to receive a copy of the report and to get feedback from the Panel on my performance. The meeting went well, beyond my expectations and while there are one or two areas needing to be addressed, but in the main, it was all positive. Obviously, the assessors saw things latent in me, that I had not specifically identified myself.
I have a firm appointment to meet the Bishop and have discussed BAP and future training options with the DDO. I need to discuss these with the Bishop, who has the final say. There are three routes for training, and while I know the route I'd like to follow, the Bishop will I'm sure, have his own views.
BAP is likely to be mid-to late March. And I have a pre-BAP weekend scheduled in February.
I've got to make contact early with the training providers to discuss what option would be best for me and for the church. I'll be looking to do this next week. There's also a huge paperwork trail to start all over again.
If God's will is discerned positively at BAP, I hope to commence training at SEITE in the Autumn of 2012.
God is Great.
Picture from www. ststevenshouse.blogspot.com

Well done, and thank you for the update! Prayers for you continue . . .
ReplyDeleteGood to read this update. It sounds as if your Diocese has a very thorough process prior to the Bishops' Advisory Panel. Yes, you're right - lots more paperwork! May God's will be done.
ReplyDelete