I had a call today from my Vicar not to come to church tomorrow, as the weather conditions at my Church are so bad - that he thinks that the journey to and from could be an issue. I travel 53 miles to my church each way - as it is the place that I choose to belong to and to worship. Normally, the journey is quite pleasant and I travel in anticipation of meeting God in Worship and also the fellowship and affirmation in joining the community that I believe God willed me to join, and is now calling me to serve.
I am a little disappointed, but I know that he has done this out of concern for my personal safety, and I respect him and love him for that - I am unsure how many Vicars would take the time to do this, but Pastoral Care for the whole flock is his calling and he does it well.
I sometimes wonder why I feel called to Ordained Ministry, and then I reflect on how little things and kindness's and consideration and commitment from the Vicar and others in the church towards me, have made me so joyful and grateful to God for allowing me to be part of his love and being.
Tomorrow I will walk 150 yards to my local church, where I live. This is a place that I discovered as part of the directed mentoring from my Vicar. St Pauls is an Evangelical Church run by CPAS with a CA Vicar. This community is also welcoming and I feel welcome and comfortable there - they have so much to offer. But............... Do I feel called to serve there, while I wish I was, the answer is NO. I love the community, but the draw and the call rings loud and long to me at Canterbury.
I pray that the weather improves to let me resume my journeys to Canterbury, I have so much to do there, my Ministry is there, my worship belongs there, and my vocation and spirit is there.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on this blog are moderated by the Author.