Saturday, 13 June 2009

Reflection on Vocation

I am testing a Vocation to Ordained Ministry. I have been struggling to understand the call I feel for some months. I have felt drawn to the Permanent Diocanate - which appears to have a context and direction, serving God's people in a number of ways, which Parish Ministry while one option for Ministry may not be what I am called to.

I have listened carefully to how I feel, what is being said to me, both in my Prayers, reflections and quiet times - and when sharing my feelings and thoughts with others. All that I have heard shows that the call can be live - it can change - it can grow - it can shrink - but once felt and heard will not go away.

The process of discernment is underway - I am in preparation with my Vicar as there is so much I need to do, to learn, to grow in knowledge and understanding, it is daunting and a little frightening.

How will I cope, when I struggle now - at the early stages, at the start. I pray for the strength and grace to move forward and I know that others sharing my journey pray for my Vocation as well - but still I doubt myself, I doubt my worthiness. I have confidence that if I stay on track God will provide - but my human weakness is there all of the time - How do I overcome it?

I am now seeking Spiritual Direction which I pray will allow me to resolve some of these issues and to move forward to follow where God is leading me.

1 comment:

  1. oh yes, human weakness, a common feeling indeed. I come against this all the time, feeling inadequate. In those moments I spend time on my spirituality and prayer life, speak to others, pray and meditate and fill myself with the Holy Spirit. what I have learned is that it's our doubt that makes us the people needed for our calling, it's our doubt that makes us human and as God designed. with prayers

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated by the Author.