Sunday, 19 February 2012

Preparation for Bishops Assessment Panel (BAP)


I had a brilliant day yesterday with 13 other ordination candidates at a pre-BAP preparation day.

We had a briefing on BAP, what to expect and some do's and don’t’s. I met yet again with loads of people who had been on courses with me over the last year or so. It was very affirming to see them still sharing a similar journey.

One, young candidate goes to BAP next Monday. The rest of us have differing dates over the next three months. I and one other candidate are going to the same BAP in May, so we are now tying up arrangements to travel together.
Our group  studied some Pastoral Exercises and delivered our presentations and were offered constructive comments from our fellow candidates. 

As I went up to deliver mine, I abandoned the script and just spoke from the heart and mind. It was me!   I was comfortable, not stilted by the written script.  It appeared to go down very well. It's a very brief outline of i-church and internet outreach - connected to the Mission and Evangelism criteria. It was well received and I was offered some good comments to take on board for BAP itself.

All documentation is complete and handed in, only to be asked for 6 passport photo's, which were not on the 'required’ documents' list.  Visit to the local photo machine next week.

We all felt prayer had been said for us, and we were thankful for all of their prayers now, and ongoing. I now have just under 3 months to prepare and reflect. The discernment process has been a growth experience and I'm loving it all.

3 comments:

  1. ooh mine is in may too - where and when is yours?! I am so disorganised I haven't done anything from the BAP pack yet, next weeks task...!
    I am defintely having a wobble about mine (about to blog about it..), think its suddenly very real!
    bless you
    redx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red, I'm at Shallowford from 14-16 May. Perhaps we'll meet there.

      Sorry for delay in reply, but I've been on a blog fast for Lent and hadn't seen your comment until today.

      If you are on twitter I am @minidvr we can communicate via that means.

      Delete
  2. I'm so pleased it feels like such an affirming experience. I will of course continue to pray (it seems to be working!!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated by the Author.