I have been thinking about some of the things I have been doing over the past few months. I am not working having retired last year, therefore, in theory, I have loads of time to spare and lots to offer. But it is the offers that cause me some doubt. I have several different voluntary roles with my church and another Christian organization. I have study and essays to write and time needed for preparation and reflection on DDO directed activities. In fact, I find myself at times, rushing from place to place, meeting deadlines and pleasing different people. I thought that I had given all of that up when I retired.
I am constantly reminded by my SD, the DDO and Parish Priest of the dangers of being overwhelmed (SD) of doing to much (DDO) and needing time for myself (Parish Priest). At the same time, they give me stuff to do!
It seems to me that the time I need is for God and myself! Time to allow him to perhaps be allowed to speak to me in peace and quiet, not while I am on the run. Although, I must admit that those glimpses are worthwhile, specially when I hear or see someone who inspires me with their love, humility and selfless service.
My question to myself perhaps is concerned with my ability to cope with pressure - if I am wobbling now, at a time when the church is testing a vocation, how will I cope with training (if selected) and how will I cope with ministry if ordained?
Lots to pray for and guidance to seek - back to my SD perhaps.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on this blog are moderated by the Author.