I have been trying to deal with criticism. Some of myself and my work rate and how I go about research and writing. But some from others, meant in a loving, helpful, constructive way for me to improve. However, it can become overwhelming and cause you to lose your place in the scheme of things.
I have asked for criticism and have felt that I was dealing with it well. Taking it to heart to try to improve and to learn where I have been going wrong. Latterly, I have been feeling a little introspective and wondering if the criticism is actually doing any good.
Off course, along with the criticism I am receiving praise, which I am thankful for, but the balance seems to me to be skewed more on the down, rather than the upside.
I have faced it and spoken to those directing criticism towards me. They are hurt and feel perhaps that I do not appreciate the help they are freely giving me. I just want to respond openly to them, but I am finding it difficult.
Time for more prayer and being open to God in this, criticism can be destructive and lower self-esteem, I don't think that I am at that stage yet and I need to do something to either stop it or to deflect it with explanation and thought.
I am sure that I will come back to this again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on this blog are moderated by the Author.