Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Next Visit to the DDO

I had another DDO interview yesterday. It was different to the last in that he now has much more in terms of background having completed the paper chase and provided all of the information requested. A bit of a struggle to get Baptism and Confirmation Certificates from the RC Church, but eventually they supplied them.

It has been a busy month with much reflection on the Criteria and what I had already written and other work, which I had not anticipated being so painful, going over a life story and putting in bald facts some of the more traumatic life events which have caused pain for me and for others. A saving grace of the process was support from my Parish Priest and my Spiritual Director who have helped to show me the necessity of doing this stuff and to just allow God's will to be shown. The process is one that I cannot control but just place my trust in God.

Yesterdays interview challenged me but also allowed me some time and space to answer some questions and to make what I had written come alive and be relevant. I found it wonderful how things you take for granted in your life can be looked at with different eyes and be shown to be God at work in your life.

One thing that I can discern is that I sometimes do to much, more than asked, which is a distraction from the process of allowing things to work and to reflect on them and how they help me to develop the lay ministry which is already part of my work within the Parish. I now have a sounder idea on how and what I should be doing in this area.

Due to being so 'busy' I can take my eye of where God is guiding and nudging me towards

I found a Prayer which reflects how I feel and what I am seeking:

I sat and prayed this prayer:

Father,
I know you love me and have plans for me,
but sometimes, I am overwhelmed by the
thought of the future.
Show me how to walk forward,
One day at a time.

May I take heart while I search openly,
learn all about the choices, listen to
others for advice and pay attention to my
own feelings.

By doing these things, may I hear your call to
live a life that will let me love as only I can love,
and allow me to serve others with the
special gifts you have given me.

I ask this through Jesus Christ Our Lord
Amen

I found this useful while preparing for the meeting and could be seen sitting on a bench outside Diocesan House praying it again. I feel that it just fits.

This month I have two tasks and will be praying for inspiration and I am sure that the Spirit will answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated by the Author.