Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Healing

My mind has been drawn to healing this week, the urgency reinforced by Jen's pre-admission appointment at Hospital prior to surgery on her Sinus and Brain next week.  The procedure is tricky and she is in the hands of the surgeon who performed similar surgery 10 years ago, when the current problem first occurred.

Jen went through the operation and while she suffered, she appeared to be healed, until when a few weeks ago, the original problem recurred on the other side of her sinus.   So healing took place, but was it only a partial heal?  More being needed, being addressed now, via the new surgery.

I am praying for a succesful outcome - as anything else it to hard to contemplate - while I am doing this, I started to consider my own healing, spiritually that is?

Over the past three months, with some intense sprititual direction, with the Sacrament of Reconcilation being offered and accepted - I feel spiritually healed - with laying all of the baggage of past wounds, offered to God and laid at his feet.    Off course, Jesus suffered for us and continues to suffer with us - and we add to his suffering by so many of our actions.

Healing of physical wounds can come naturally - healing of spiritual wounds runs much deeper and requires a great deal of reflection 'soul baring' to achieve - It is painful and hurts a lot - but the joy of being healed by the Grace of God is wonderful and provides a new opportunity to move forward

So I pray for Jen and her illness - I pray for her physical healing but also for her spiritual healing - whether she needs it or not, I m not judging her, just loving her - surely we who have experienced such Grace need to look to those we love and share with and Pray for them, anything else is selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated by the Author.