Monday, 13 June 2011

DDO Meeting : Monday 13th June 2011

DDO Meeting : Monday 13th June 2011

I met, yet again, with the DDO this morning. Today, seemed to me and to him, to be a consolidation meeting. The DDO, had previously indicated, that the only thing stopping my moving to the next stage, was the processing of the faculty, this is now well underway.

We took stock of everything I have done, including going over the material submitted for my Portfolio and several reflections that I submitted in response to events that have occurred in the past month.

The DDO was keen to hear about the faculty meeting with the Bishop's adviser.. We discussed how I had felt about having to go through the process, particularly its intrusive nature. I was able to now say categorically, that having come through it, that my view had changed . Despite everything, it involved, It had been handled as sensitively as possible, given the nature of things being investigated. A change of heart that seems to show me, once again, how God is still active and working in my life.

I said that I had deliberately not told my spouse of the content of the interview as I had felt that her integrity would show through. This had proven to have been the best course to have taken. He was amused by this and said that while not advisable, it had been appropriate in this case.

I was given the opportunity to look again as some of the work I had submitted, but was content with it. I believe that revising something written up to a year ago would not be a true reflection of the journey and discernment process. Leaving it untouched was the best course.

We then discussed a number of other issues, my ongoing engagement with the wider church through the internet. My work in the parish and personalities we know. I mentioned an Intercessions workshop we were to run in our Parish this week with a repeat in July and he asked could he send some people from his parish on it. I said I would inquire and let him know. I am to write a reflection on my participation in this for next month.

We then moved onto the future. He said, that subject to the faculty, I would have to see the Bishop, but he was provisionally (for the second time) booking me on to a Diocesan Panel in September 2011. Following this, he would be running a Pre-BAP preparation in October and again in December, one of which I would be booked to attend one, dependent upon which BAP I was put forward to. He stressed that all decisions were within the Bishop's gift and that I can expect to meet him again before BAP.

All in All, this was a positive outcome. Once again I felt very relaxed during the meeting, sharing jokes and appreciating that the DDO has done so much for me. Taking my case himself, working with me, at times being highly critical, but always completely constructive and encouraging.

What did I get from this meeting
:

I found the meeting encouraging and affirming. My state of mind was one of curiosity about where we could go, which was more than satisfied by the outcome. I came away, literally feeling light headed and grateful to God for his work sending the Holy Spirit to facilitate such a productive meeting.

The utter joy of this meeting seems to me to be one where there were three people in the room. Clive and me, but with God central. The Holy Spirit upon us and pouring grace into it. God be praised!

_________________
Where there is hope and love there is life!

3 comments:

  1. I am so pleased that the meeting was so life-affirming. I would only offer an alternative to your postcript - 'where there is life and love, there is hope!@

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic post to read, what a change you are going through, what joy it gives me to walk along the path with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laura. Thank you. Whatever happens, I always live in hope that the Grace and Mercy of God will show through in my life.

    @Emma, thank you. I've share your journey, which seems to have really moved far on in such a short space of time. When I look back and reflect, it's actually over two years. Time has flown. It has been a privilege to share with you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated by the Author.