Friday, 19 November 2010

Anglicanorum Coetibus

The Church Mouse has posted on this earlier.  The Catholic Bishops of England and Wales have made an announcement about the Ordinariate, which provides for an implementation time table for receiving the departing Bishops, Clergy and groups of the faithful on a schedule between early 2011 to Pentecost 2011.

The full text of their statement is:here.  Having a history with the RC Church, I can only hope that they are received with good grace and that their hopes and desire for a new start in faith in communion with Rome are realized.  I am very aware that after the Ordination of Women as Priests in the C of E, many went across to Rome at that time, some came back, completely disenchanted.  I am also aware that the C of E, occasionally receives former RC priests into Anglican Orders.   But, of course, we do not make a song and dance about it.

For those leaving, it will be a huge upheaval and life changing, perhaps with some personal sacrifice and hardship, particularly for stipendiary clergy and their families - it remains to be seen what effect their presence within the RC Church will have upon those existing elements within it, who seek both the Ordination of Women and the end of celibacy.

The one thing that I do know, is that having come from Rome to Canterbury, I could not conceive of returning, the freedom of thought and belief I enjoy as an Anglican, along with so much more, within my Parish is a new, transformed life of faith and love.

I will be praying for all of those involved, who must be allowed to go with grace and with our continuing friendship and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated by the Author.